Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall has arrived

Fall is my favorite time of the year, the leaves are changing, the weather cooling down, and Halloween. There have been a lot of assignments to cover the Halloween parades in the area in the two weeks before the actual day. This one got rained out, the fall weather, so they had all the kids who dressed up meet at the YMCA to do the judging. There were some great shots once I got the parents to stop having their kids pose for me.

This guys pirate outfit was made by his grandma, he was very proud of it and got second place in the "cutest" category. His little brother was a parrot, see below.

This one won "most unique", I don't know if you can see the face of the girl in the crystal ball, she came up with the idea and luckily had a mom that would participate.

These two got 1st and 2nd for "funniest" he a Penn State fan and is dressed as Michigan's wounded Wolverine, and she is a Bubble Bath, what you can't hear is "Splish Splash" playing on the cd player as she walked around.

This was my favorite moment of the day, the little girl was amazed by the parrot she kept petting him and touching him it was great. I didn't want to get too close so that the parents saw me and made the kids smile for the camera. The parrot is the brother of the pirate at top and won "best animal"



No comments: